Wednesday, November 23, 2016

wings

Greetings ya'll!
I know it's been more than a month now, hhe. *flashespuppyface
Anyways, this time it'll be about my trip to Penang (yes again lol) last September.
So yeah, let's begin! 
 

DAY 1
Midlands Park Centre, our hotel was right next to it.

Queens Hall, Queensbay Mall. 
p.s pan mee stall is always the most crowded in all food courts
food makes me happy

Aye so me and my family arrived on September 27th.
We stayed at Georgetown Hotel that night because Adventist hospital, the hospital my grandma's going to, is just right across.
It was like 2 pm when we're done with the check in and went to Queensbay Mall.

Had pan mee for lunch which was my "must have food" lol, did some shopping, then tried out dad's recommendation (a Chinese restaurant) for dinner, The Six
Real tasty ya'll~ 


DAY 2
mi luv
flour x butter x sugar = pretzels!!
p.s that's caramel almond, i usually go with cinnamon sugar but this is AS DOPE
Woke up eaaaarly that day, because I need to bring my grandma to the hospital for her regular check-up. BUT it was raining so hard, the hotel's out of umbrella and 7/11 sold it for a fortune, sighs. Requested uber a few times but all cancelled. ( EVEN AT HIGH RATES)
Fortunately, a kind-hearted woman with an umbrella decided to bring my grandma with her as they share the same destination. yay!

Waited for my sis to wake up and went to Adventist Hospital together.
 Since it's her first and my n-th times it's like I'm the tour guide showing her parts of the hospital and explaining things to her, gahaha.
It's a lot of fun! 

Fast forward, reunited with grandma and checked out of the hotel.
 My parents and bro went to have lunch with a friend while the 3 of us moved our stuffs to the apartment where we'll be staying.

After that, had lunch at Gurney Plaza where I got my beautiful pretzel <333<3<33 and some sushi hho.
Back to adventist, which means another WAITING, the part I hate the most. 
I mean.. everyone does, duh.
Anyways, when we're finally done, we headed to Gurney Paragon and ate there.

Sorry for the lack of pics tho, because I mostly took videos for my vlog hho. 
(  more about it down below! 

DAY 3
Gurney Plaza
mom x dad



( Danish Briyani House, Prangin Mall ) the naan a.k.a flatbread was sooo gewd !! 

That day, we went to Gurney Plaza for lunch and walked around checking out shops ( not buying though cus me thrifty LOL )
We actly planned to go to Batu Ferringhi but instead we went to Prangin mall for the sake of my brother finding his POKEMON CARDS. 
Also, Prangin is connected to 1st Avenue, so we did a round of shopping there too kkk
And yes dinner was middle eastern food and it's just LOVE.

DAY 4

Prosperous Dimsum










I mean look at dem views !!! 

lope lope



This was probably the most exciting day, lol.
Of course we started by filling our tummies with some yumsie dimsums.
Rented a taxi and then we go!

1st stop was the Sleeping Buddha Temple a.k.a Wat Chayamangkalaram, the building was really beautiful and it was kind of fun seeing the inside~

2nd stop, the Standing Buddha Temple a.k.a Dhammikarama Burmese Temple, which was just across the road. The back of the temple was reallllly beautiful, though the sun was scorching and I won't stop sweating hahha.
 

3rd stop = a coffee/ shocolate shop which wasn't originally intended, the taxi driver brought us there. (obviously to earn some kind of revenue)
It would have been a loooot better if they have testers on display, cus who doesn't like testers?!
 

Our 4th stop was the Tropical Spice Garden, which was my personal favorite. 
It was basically a well preserved forest kind-of place, and I can't tell you just how refreshing the sight of all those greens was. The view and the atmosphere were just exactly what I needed then, like an escape from the daily stuffy life in the city. 
I really truly love the place ouo

Continuing, we ate some durian and yum it was. I was kind of upset that the driver brought us to a smaller place just because he knows the owner and not the big ones that we had passed along the way, where there were a lot more durians. 
But aside from that annoying fact,  the durian was satisfying.
I couldn't really say how it differs from the ones here or what breed it was, all I do know is I was a happy happy girl. kkk

We planned to visit the Tropical Fruit Garden next but it's closing when we got there and the people were really rude as they won't even allow us to take a picture, hm. 

So our last stop was Batu Ferringhi Beach
I love beach if you guys don't already know ahaha.
So I was really happy that I got to smell the sea, feel the sand on my feet, and the wind gushing my face and hair <3
It wasn't the prettiest beach I've seen but it's still one.

Then, we wanted to try out this famous food court called Long Beach, but half way there my grandma was too tired , so me n my sis parted ways with the rest.
When we arrived, it's kind of deserted but we didn't really mind.
After eating though, my mom called to tell us that she's arrived and asked where we were. 
I was dumbfounded and told her it's impossible for us not to spot her. 
Then, I finally get it.
WE WENT TO THE WRONG PART OF THE FOOD COURT. YAY
no wonder it's kind of dead.
Then with heavy hearts we walked to the actual food court that sells basically EVERY DELICIOUS THING I COULD THINK OF. 
RIP ME
I was like sooooo annoyed.
But oh well what could I do huh. 
.
So, while they're eating, me and my sis decided to look around the street markets.
Honestly, it's kinda disappointing as the ones in Thailand were so much better.
 Like they all basically sell the same thing, hm.

DAY 5

Excuse my randomness
So on the last day, me n my sis went out earlier to do some last minute shopping (mostly food lols) and then had lunch with the rest in Gurney Paragon's food court.
Finally, we're off to the airport and after some waiting, we're flying back home.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this post!
I know some parts are long and probably boring lmao, so great job making it this far!
Right, about the vlog!
So, this vlog will give ya'll more details of the trip!
I separated them into three parts.



Go check em out and tell me what you think!
Hope u like it tho 

Part three however will be up soon, hehe.

Also, I'm obsessed with BTS' (방탄소년단) new album "WINGS" these days, especially their main track "Blood Sweat & Tears"  
The MV production, the song, the dance was just the best, really.
So just in case you're curious, here you go :


That's it for now guys~
Stay tuned! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment